1. Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
2. Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in).
3. Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
4. All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
5. Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
6. Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
7. Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
Blending a sleek form-factor with a versatile working range, the 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD from Tamron is a full-frame-compatible lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. Spanning wide-angle to portrait-length, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture complements this range and affords increased control over depth of field along with enhanced low-light performance. Benefitting the optical design is an RXD stepping motor, which enables quick, near-silent autofocus performance to suit stills and video, along with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5". Suiting this lens's use in harsh climates, it also sports a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.